The registry Lexsynergy LTD has announced the release of the following new gTLD「.LAW」. Domain name registrations can be applied for during Sunrise period with a valid Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) record. After the Sunrise period, a General Availability period will be opened.
• In order to be eligible to register (and continue to be a registrant of) a domain name in the 「.LAW」 TLDs, the registrant must be a Qualified Lawyer. For the purposes of this eligibility criteria, a Qualified Lawyer is a professional who is licensed to practice law by an approved regulator of legal services in a given jurisdiction.
• A Qualified Lawyer must be identifiable as a currently licensed practitioner in the public records kept by the relevant approved regulator.
In order to be able to verify the eligibility of a 「.LAW」 domain name applicant, the registry will require that applicants provide the following additional information at the time of their application:
1. The name of their Regulator
2. The date of their registration with their Regulator
3. The reference number of their registration with their Regulator
4. The jurisdiction of their Regulator
- Sunrise Period
- July 30, 2015 ~ September 28, 2015
1. Only the word string of a valid trademark registered at TMCH, can be applied for.
2. If multiple applicants apply for the same word string, the application will be decided through auction.
- General Availability Period
- From October 12, 2015
1. No limitations, anyone can apply.
2. Applications will be decided on a first come, first serve principle.
Please direct your inquiries to the following address:
Brights Consulting Inc.